This kit features the 100 vehicles of this type built in 1942 and which survived until at least the late 1960s. The body is in three layers of etched brass, head together as per the prototype, with individually rivetted strapping, resulting in ultra-crisp detail. In addition, both the side doors open as per the prototype and the kit includes the top-capping, again prototypically held in place. A selection of finely etched builders plates are included.
The kit has a highly detailed underframe, with all the structure faithfully represented. Sprung buffers and couplings are provided as well as individual leaf springs for the W iron/axlebox assemblies.